All of our horses are very special, but now is your chance to tell us just how amazing your World Horse Welfare horse or pony is by entering our Rehomed Horse of the Year competition 2019! Our annual Rehomed Horse of The Year competition recognises the vital role our rehomers play in improving horse welfare in the UK and this year we have three exciting new categories, plus of course a Supreme Champion. Our panel of judges looks forward to receiving your touching, inspiring and humorous nominations.
The World Horse Welfare Rehomed Horse of the Year 2019 categories are:
1. In The Picture
Capturing your rehomed horse’s character in a single image is a unique gift. For this category, we would like photographic submissions (digital or print) that tell a story about your rehomed horse or capture a poignant moment in their life. The image can contain pictures of other animals, but no people please. By submitting the image, you consent to World Horse Welfare using it in perpetuity to celebrate your wonderful nomination. To enter simply send us up to 100 words on why your World Horse Welfare equine is amazing and your very favourite photo of them!
Category judge: The Horse Photographer Matthew Seed
2. An Unbreakable Bond
Establishing a special connection with your rehomed horse is worth celebrating. Whether an instant thunderbolt moment the very second you met, or a friend to turn to for strength during a challenging time in your life, we want to applaud your unique horse-human partnership. To enter, send us a maximum of 250 words describing your connection with your rehomed horse or pony, accompanied by at least one high resolution photograph of them. We will also accept video clips in addition to photographs if you have these available.
Category judge: BBC Radio 2 DJ and charity Patron Sara Cox
3. I Wasn’t Expecting THAT!
Young or old, a trusted companion or a riding superstar, we know that horses have a wonderful talent for surprising us and we want to hear your hilarious anecdotes. Whether your rehomed horse learnt a cheeky new trick, turned faces red at a show or left everyone around them astounded, nominate them and share the laughter. To enter, send us a maximum of 250 words telling us about your rehomed horse or pony’s most memorable antics, accompanied by at least one high resolution photograph of them. We will also accept video clips in addition to photographs if you have these available.
Category judge: YouTube sensation This Esme
Entries close at midnight on Thursday 31st October 2019.
- You may enter more than one category but please make it clear on your entry which one/s you are entering.
- Each entry must be accompanied by at least one high resolution photograph. You are welcome to send video files in addition if you have these available.
- By submitting photos, video and wording to the competition you are giving your consent for World Horse Welfare to use them on social media, our website and in printed materials and to identify those in the photo, copy or film.
- Consent can only be granted by you for children under the age of 18 that you are responsible for who may also appear in the photo, video or wording. Please confirm this when you submit the entry. If other children are in the photo, video or wording, you must seek documented consent from their guardian for World Horse Welfare to use their image on social media, our website and in printed materials.
- You must ensure you own the copyright of the photos or videos you are sharing and grant us royalty free use of these.
- Photographs, video and wording may be used indefinitely by World Horse Welfare. If you would like to limit the time period, please let us know.
- Some entries may be used to promote rehoming through press releases but a member of our team will get in touch with each individual to check if you are happy for us to do so or not.
- Please provide your contact name, telephone number, address and email on your entry.
- Entries close at midnight on Thursday 31st October 2019. Any entries received after this date will not be considered.
- Winners will be chosen by judges specially selected by World Horse Welfare. The judges’ choices are final.
- The prize is non-transferable.
- The winners will be notified by World Horse Welfare – please ensure you provide a valid email address and/or phone number with your entry.
- World Horse Welfare will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures.
- Equines nominated must be horses, ponies or donkeys rehomed from World Horse Welfare.
- Each category’s winner will be entered into our overall Championship. The winner will feature in our newsletter and take part in a fantastic photo shoot. Our Supreme Champion will also have a wonderful short film produced in their honour.
- Please visit our privacy page for more information how we keep your details safe.
You can enter by sending an electronic copy of your entry to email@example.com or by post to: Rehomed Horse of the Year 2019, World Horse Welfare, Anne Colvin House, Snetterton, NR16 2LR.
If you have any questions or queries about the competition please don’t hesitate to get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not yet a rehomer but interested in learning more about our horses and ponies who are ready to find new homes? Check out our rehoming pages.